Domain names terms
The following terms and conditions apply to the domain registration Service:
You acknowledge and recognize that the domain name system and the practice of registering and administering domain names is continuously evolving and that eHostProvider may modify this Agreement as necessary from time to time to comply with any agreements by which eHostProvider is or will be bound, and to adjust to changing business circumstances. We will notify of these changes by e-mail to refer You to the amended provisions. If at any time, you do not agree to such changes, you agree that your sole remedy is to request that your domain name registration be cancelled or transferred to a different domain name registrar.
Domain Name Registration
- ICANN oversees the .com, .org, .mobi and .net top-level domains. Nominet oversees the .co.uk, .org.uk, .ltd.uk and .plc.uk top-level domains. EURID oversees the .eu top-level domain. You can find information about ICANN’s Registrants Rights and Responsibilities document here: http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/registrant-rights-responsibilities-en…
- Upon eHostProvider receipt of domain name registration information from You, eHostProvider shall submit the information to the registry administrator for the appropriate top-level domain for approval and processing. The registry administrator then puts into effect the domain name registration. Tucows, Inc. currently acts as the registry administrator for the .com, .mobi, .org, and .net top-level domains. Nominet UK http://www.nominet.uk/go/terms, acts as the registry administrator for the .co.uk, .org.uk, .ltd.uk and .plc.uk top-level domains. EURID acts as the registry administrator for the .eu top-level domain.
Selection of a domain name
- You represent that, to the best of Your knowledge and belief, neither this registration of a domain name nor the manner in which it is directly or indirectly to be used infringes the legal rights of a third party and, further, that the domain name is not being registered for nor shall it at any time whatsoever be used for any unlawful purpose whatsoever.
- By registering or renewing a .uk top-level domain and agreeing to these terms & conditions, You agree that You have read and agree to the Nominet terms & conditions http://www.nominet.uk/go/terms,, If You are registering the domain for a third party, You warrant that the third party for whom you register the domain name have read and agree to the Nominet Terms &Conditions http://www.nominet.uk/go/terms,.
- Upon submitting a registration through your eHostProvider control panel, eHostProvider will submit your application to the relevant registry for processing. However, It is Your responsibility to check using WHOIS that Your domain registration has been successful twenty-four hours after payment has been made to eHostProvider.
- In consideration for eHostProvider providing domain name registration Services to You, You agree to pay eHostProvider, prior to the approval of the desired domain name registration, the amounts set forth in the eHostProvider Price Schedule, as amended from time to time, for the initial registration of the domain name and any subsequent renewals.
- Your application will not be registered until eHostProvider receives actual payment of the registration fee. If eHostProvider does register a domain name prior to payment of the registration fee, eHostProvider reserves the right to cancel that registration or restrict use of the domain name until payment has been received.
- All fees must be prepaid and are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if the domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of the registration term.
- In the event of a charge back by a credit card company or other payment provider authorized by eHostProvider, the domain name registration shall be transferred to eHostProvider as the paying entity for the registration. eHostProvider may reinstate Your domain name registration at its sole discretion upon its receipt of the registration or renewal fee and its then current reinstatement fee. The reinstatement fee is currently £100.
- Payment must be made by credit card or other methods we indicate in registration application or renewal form. We will renew Your domain name for You provided Your credit card or other billing information is available and up to date. If Your billing information is not accurate and You wish to renew Your domain name registration, we will contact You to update this information and charge accordingly.
- Domain credits are non-refundable as they enable the purchase of domain names at discounted Prices, based on an up-front commitment.
- Free domain name registration
- Please note that if You opt to take advantage of eHostProvider free domain name registration You will automatically be charged for the renewal of the domain 30 days prior to its expiry.
- This Agreement shall remain in full force during the length of the term of Your domain name registration(s) as selected, recorded, and paid for upon registration of the domain name. Should You choose to renew or otherwise lengthen the term of Your domain name registration, then these terms and conditions will apply.
- To ensure Your domains are not lost we operate a positive renewal system on all eHostProvider domains – Your domain will automatically renew for the term it was registered for unless You opt-out of this Service through Your control panel. This is not refundable and it is Your responsibility to ensure valid contact and payment details are on Your account at all times – failure can lead to suspension.
- eHostProvider domain renewal process is automated, however, it is Your responsibility to check that Your renewal has been successful within one month of the renewal date. You will automatically be charged for the renewal of the domain 30 days prior to its expiry.
- For .uk domains You can do this using Nominet’s WhoIs search, and for all other domains we recommend using the http://www.whois.org/ website domain lookup facility.
Ownership of data
- You agree and acknowledge that eHostProvider owns the following:
(a) all database, compilation, collective and similar right, title and interests worldwide in the domain name database;
(b) all information and derivative works generated from the domain name database; and
(c) information for the registrations for which eHostProvider acts as the registrar including:
(d) the original creation date of the registration;
(e) the expiration date of the registration;
(f) the name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and fax number of the technical contact, administrative contact, zone contact, and billing contact for the domain name;
(g) remarks concerning the registered domain name that appear or should appear in the WHOIS or similar database; and
(h) other information generated or obtained in connection with the provision of domain name registration and management Services, other than the domain name being registered, and the IP names and addresses of the primary nameservers and any secondary nameservers.
- eHostProvider does not have any ownership interest in Your specific personal registration information outside of Your right in eHostProvider domain name database.
- You agree and acknowledge that eHostProvider owns the following: